Taster Session: Information for Employers about ‘Work Welsh’
Copthorne Hotel, Cardiff:
14 December 2017: 10.30 - 12.30 or 14.30 - 16.30
The Taster Session: Information for Employers about ‘Work Welsh’ will include:
- Information regarding the Information Service for Employers about 'Work Welsh'
- Information about the opportunities available to you through the Work Welsh programme
- An opportunity to share ideas regarding the learning needs in your organisation with regards to the Welsh language and skills
- An introduction to the Information for Employers about 'Work Welsh' pack which includes the following information:
- An introduction to the current policy context;
- Information regarding the need to plan bilingual workplaces;
- Information about the advantages of developing institutional bilingualism for the learner, customer, other staff members and for the organisation;
- Advice on how to analyse learning needs with regard to the Welsh language in your organisation;
- Advice on the training available from the National Centre for Learning Welsh;
- Advice on supporting learners in the workplace, and
- Planning for the future.
The sessions are aimed at:
- Language officers
- Training officers
- HR staff
The sessions will be delivered by IAITH: the welsh centre for language planning. You can register by completing a registration form and sending it to email@example.com
Information and advice for employers includes:
- How to audit the Welsh language skills of your workforce, including details of an innovative online diagnostic tool currently in development.
- The likely outcomes achieved by completing a Welsh language course.
- Advice on the training available to support your workplace training needs.
- Advice on supporting learners in the workplace.
- Bespoke Welsh language information sessions.
Please click here to read the Information for Employers pack.
If you would like to register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill this form.