Work Welsh Services
Work Welsh is a programme designed to strengthen Welsh language skills in the workplace. The scheme is funded by Welsh Government, and has been developed by the National Centre for Learning Welsh.
Work Welsh offers fully-funded appropriate, flexible training.
Work Welsh offers options for learning, improving, and using Welsh skills for work purposes, and offers support for employers as well as employees.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have adapted our services in order to provide the best possible opportunities for employers and their staff to learn and enjoy the Welsh language. Here are the learning methods available during 2021-22:
- Work Welsh Online Taster Courses: 10 unit (approx. 10 hours) online courses at Taster level, as well as one 'Improve' course on Proficiency level;
- Self-study Online Work Welsh Course: a full course on Entry level;
- 'Use' Work Welsh Courses: blended courses (virtual lessons with a tutor + self-study elements) on Intermediate, Advanced, and Proficiency levels.
- Confidence Building Courses: a new type of course offering the opportunity to work one to one with a tutor to develop skills and confidence to use Welsh for work purposes.
- Intensive 'Learn' Work Welsh courses: virtual courses for those wanting to learn Welsh intensively, over a short period of time.
Click on the links on the left to learn more, and register your interest by clicking below:
Work Welsh also includes Sectoral Schemes, including:
- Work Welsh in Further/Higher Education
- Camau Scheme
Click on the right to read more.
To browse through useful Resources for using Welsh for work purposes, click on the link to the left.