Learn Welsh Statistics
Learn Welsh programme data is managed by the National Centre for Learning Welsh.
A central database collates information on all learners as they register online to follow a course. This information includes details about the learner (e.g. name, address, date of birth) and the course (e.g. level, location, learning intensity).
The data collected by the Centre differs to the data collected for the sector in the past. The method of recording the data is also different. Following the implementation of the Centre's Data Management Plan, the first full year of data available to share is for the 2017-2018 academic year (1 August 2017 – 31 July 2018). It is therefore not possible to make accurate comparisons with data prior to 2017/18.
We are a provider of official statistics
What is the Code of Practice for Statistics?
The code of practice provides a framework to ensure that statistics are trustworthy, good quality, and are valuable.
The code is based on these principles and establishes the necessary procedures to this end.
By complying with the code, users of our statistics can be confident that data produced by The National Centre for Learning Welsh is trustworthy.
Confidence in the people and organisations that produce statistics and data
- Honesty and Integrity
- Independent decision making and leadership
- Orderly release
- Transparent processes and management
- Professional capability
- Data governance
Data and methods that produce assured statistics
- Suitable data sources
- Sound methods
- Assured quality
Statistics that support society’s needs for information
- Relevance to users
- Clarity and insight
- Innovation and improvement
- Efficiency and proportionality
What will we do if the code is breached?
- • We will inform the National Statistician about any complaints that relate to the standards of our statistical publications.
• We will report to the National Statistician any accidental or wrongful release of data.
• The National Centre for Learning Welsh will investigate the circumstances of any breach of the code and report to the UK Statistics Authority.
• If you have any questions or comments about our statistics please contact Swyddfa@dysgucymraeg.cymru.