Learn Welsh courses and the National Centre
Learn Welsh courses
- Learn Welsh courses are available during the daytime and evening, face-to-face or in virtual classrooms. You can also study independently, online.
- Courses are delivered by a network of providers on behalf of the National Centre for Learning Welsh.
- You can find a course on our coursefinder or watch our video for more information.
- You can also enjoy our Learn Welsh videos on YouTube.
National Centre for Learning Welsh
The National Centre for Learning Welsh, established in 2016, is responsible for all aspects of the Learn Welsh sector - from curriculum and course development to resources for tutors, marketing and e-learning.
The Centre's aim is to create confident Welsh speakers,
- Ensuring learners from all backgrounds are welcomed and supported as they
learn and use the language.
- Acting with conviction and ambition, leading pioneering programmes to attract new audiences of learners.
- Working closely with partners and employers to ensure proactive and flexible learning programmes are readily available to new speakers.
- Estyn inspects the work of the National Centre for Learning Welsh and its course providers.
- Estyn has published its inspection report on Learn Welsh The Vale, which is run by the Vale of Glamorgan Council on behalf of the National Centre.
- For more information about Estyn's work, please go to the Estyn website.
Read the Centre's latest news.
From left to right: Dona Lewis is Chief Executive of the National Centre for Learning Welsh, Helen Prosser is Director of Teaching and Learning and Hannah Thomas is Director of Marketing and Communications.
The National Centre for Learning Welsh
E-mail email@example.com or telephone 0300 323 4324
(Registered in England and Wales. Company no: 09914004)
Join us on: